Timber Lands, RH5
If looking for epic forest and woodland settings, Timber Lands is the answer. Connected by a network of well-maintained wide tracks across the 70+ acres of forestry, these routes were created hundreds of years ago for comings and goings of the timber industry. Timber Lands also benefits from its free-draining chalk and flint soil, allowing for excellent access all year round. The woods offer an impressive variety of backdrops, with acres of towering pines, ancient oaks, and beech plantations, cedars and a yew tree-lined avenue. From the spooky to the enchanting, with additional features including tunnels, ravines, pits, steep banks, a rifle range, open clearings and fallen trees, Timber Lands is a forest feast for the eyes.
A long tarmaced drive cuts through the woods and undulating grass fields, leading to the striking house at its end: a mix of original and new, the lodge is of impressive Lovelace architecture, and offers stunning open plan living within.
- 100 acres comprising mainly mixed ancient woodland featuring yews, redwoods, cedars, oak, beech and tall conifers, along with 4x smaller grass fields edged by the trees
- Excellent network of forest tracks
- Seasonal bluebells
- Long, private driveway (1km)
- Pretty ‘Lovelace’ house, formerly the game keepers lodge, which has been modernly refurbished with an open plan design (available for interiors)
- Isolated wooden shed sitting amongst the trees
- Rifle target structure in the woods
- Ravines, chalk pits and a chalk cliff
- 2x stable blocks (no horses)
- Original horse bridge tunnels
- Modern tractors, diggers and machinery including a large wood chipper and wood splitter
FACILITIES ON LOCATION
There is parking onsite for crew vehicles including some gravel parking and space for over 30x vehicles on a well-drained grass area. The stable blocks are available to crew for storage, along with use of a well-equipped container structure as a small crew base, which features its own toilet facilities and downtime area.
There are lots of amenities nearby with hotel accommodation, supermarkets, a garage and a pub, all within a couple of miles.
GETTING TO TIMBER LANDS
Trains run from London Waterloo to East Horsley station (55 mins) or Effingham Junction (1 hour). Both stations are approximately a 10 minute drive from Timber Lands.
Shepperton Studio is approximately a 25 minute drive.
Pinewood Studios is approximately a 45 minute drive.
Leavesden Studios is approximately a 1 hour 10 minute drive.
Central London is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes.