Toadstall Farm, ME9
Toadstall Farm is a Kentish shoot location radiating in old English charm with its period buildings, quaint courtyard areas and countryside setting.
A 17th century Manor House sits at the heart of the farm, featuring a selection of old-time rooms, including the original smoking room, telephone room, gun room, a separate servants quarters and wine cellar. The house still retains many original and striking features including wood panelled rooms, an inglenook fireplace, grand oak staircase and a kitchen Aga.
The Manor House sits within a picturesque courtyard that includes a dovecote and pond, with wandering ducks and chickens. There is a further courtyard located at the back of the property where the kitchen connects with the old well house and drying barn. Beyond the formal gardens and expansive lawned areas, sits a walled garden with soft fruit cages, a vegetable patch, pretty flower beds, a potting shed and boules lawn. Traditional farm buildings including old barns, sheds and former animal pens are dotted across the grounds.
The landscape sees old orchards and grass fields grazed upon by cattle and sheep, along with a fenced off copse areas providing a home to pigs.
- Manor House with clocktower built in 1653 retaining many period features within its original rooms; smoking room, telephone room, gun room, butlers bedroom, wine cellars, milk room and servants quarters.
- Formal and kitchen gardens divided with old brick walls, well-established topiary and hedging. Featuring large lawn areas, flower beds, a boules lawn, vegetable patch and soft fruit cages
- A selection of traditional buildings including timber barns, old well house (40 meter deep well inside), original pig sty, drying barn, original ‘his and hers’ toilets, hunting dog kennels and a potting shed
- Old farmyard set within quaint ‘old English’ courtyard
- Dovecote with 6-8 wild doves
- Pond within the old farmyard setting
- 14 acres of old orchards, grass fields and paddocks with bordering woodland, along with ‘wild’ areas
- Swimming pool and pool bar
- Chickens, ducks, Dexter cattle, Dorper sheep, Gloucester Old Spot and Berkshire pigs
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
The farm’s driveway has parking capacity for approx 10 vehicles with additional parking available in the paddock or field if required. A village hall with further parking is only a 1 minute walk from the farm. A crew base with kitchen access can be provided onsite, with various options available depending on crew size and requirements.
There’s recommended local catering companies that can supply food. Alternatively, there’s eat-in options only a 5 minute drive from the farm. Hotel accommodation can also be found within a 5 minute drive of the farm with close station links to London.
GETTING TO TOADSTALL FARM
Trains run direct from St Pancras or London Cannon Street to Sittingbourne (55-1hr 05 mins). Toadstall Farm is approximately a 7 minute drive from Sittingbourne station (2.6 miles).
The farm is approximately 45 minutes from Greenwich Park and 1 hour from East London.