Topsy Farm Estate, MK43
This beautiful English heritage farm location found in Bedfordshire provides plenty of opportunities as a shoot location.
Set down a long private drive, amongst 150 acres of parkland is the grand Country Manor House; a magnificent building in neo-classical style. Surrounding the house are vast lawns and walled gardens full of pretty flower beds, a large vegetable patch and greenhouse.
Stepping away from the elegancy that this centre point provides, the variety of backdrops expands to ancient woodland, disused railway lines and viaduct and plenty of water-based settings with its streams, riverbanks, remote riverside cottage and secluded boathouse.
Topsy Farm Estate also includes a working farmyard consisting of traditional farm buildings and many rustic gems, including an original blacksmiths, unconverted barns and stables.
- 2,000 acre Estate comprising arable land, historic parkland, woodland, specimen trees including an ancient Lebanese cedar tree
- The main manor house, built in the 1790s then heavily remodelled in the 1830s, offers opulence in abundance with its grand sweeping staircase, strong colours and furniture
- Walled gardens and large mixed vegetable patch with victorian greenhouse
- A smaller unoccupied country house
- Waterside location including streams, ponds, boat house and remote riverside cottage
- Old, disused railway lines and viaduct
- Private drive and tracks extend for approx 2 miles, with gatehouses at entrance and a long avenue of poplar trees
- Farmyard consisting of farm buildings, sheds, garage, unconverted barns, stables and an original blacksmiths
- Separate tithe barn, immaculately preserved
- Animals: sheep, cattle, horses, Shetland pony and a black Labrador
- Both modern and vintage farm machinery and vehicles
FACILITIES AT TOPSY FARM ESTATE
Plenty of hardstanding parking.
A crew base and toilet facilities are available on site. A separated wing of the Manor House can be used by crew.
There is good access across the Estate with extensive use of private roads and tracks.
There are catering facilities and B&B accommodation in the local village (within 1 mile of the farm). Further accommodation can be found in nearby towns within 5 miles.
GETTING TO TOPSY FARM ESTATE
Trains run from Kings Cross Station to Bedford Station (approximately 35 mins). Topsy Farm Estate is just 10 minutes from Bedford Train Station.
Alternatively, trains run from Euston Station to Milton Keynes Station. The Estate is a 20 minute drive from there.
Central London is 1 hour 25 minutes by car.