Victorian Farm, CO11
Turn back the clock to Victorian days of old with this location’s wonderfully untouched Victorian model farmyard; a charming courtyard display of red-brick and timber-beamed outbuildings, barns and stables, all lovingly preserved and a perfect double for an old period village setting.
With many properties dotted across Victorian Farm, there is a great variety of builds and style on offer, from the exteriors of an original Victorian farmhouse and a thatched cottage, to the show-stopping Tudor manor with its Georgian facade and traditional interiors, available to hire inside and out. The manor house leads onto formal garden grounds, a walled kitchen garden and stretches of historic parkland, with spots of wild and natural down by the pond, riverbank and amongst the wider landscape of grassy fields, wild flower meadows and woodland.
- 450 acres of parkland, grass fields, wild flower meadows and ancient woodland
- Working farm with an olde English farm setting
- Tudor Manor house with Georgian facade (including interiors) surrounded by garden grounds featuring manicured lawns, tree-lined avenue, parterre, large wild pond and a walled kitchen garden, with productive vegetable patch and two greenhouses
- Exterior use of various properties across the farm including a Victorian farmhouse and a thatched cottage
- Victorian red-brick and timber beamed model farm complex featuring old barns, workshops, outbuildings and original stables. An excellent double for a village.
- Separate livery yard and equestrian facilities
- Riverside access
- Tennis court
- Arched railway bridge
- Private roads (concrete) and hard standing tracks
- Modern tractors and machinery
- Horses, ponies, sheep, goats, chicken and cats
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is plenty of parking across the farm for crew vehicles. A crew base can also be made available onsite in a recently converted outbuilding, which is self-contained and has access to its own toilets and downtime area.
GETTING TO VICTORIAN FARM
Trains run from London to Manningtree train station (1 hour journey time). Manningtree station conveniently neighbours the farm and is only a 15 minute walk or a few minutes drive to the main manor house.