When it comes to hosting a shoot your farm, there is in fact only one essential ‘must-have’ you will need to get going and thats to ensure you have sufficient Public Liability Insurance in place, its really that simple.
As an owner, you should be able to adjust any existing PLI cover permanently by adding ‘location shoots’ as one of your business pursuits, or your insurer may agree that you can inform them on a shoot-by-shoot basis.
Essentially, there is very little for you to do in welcoming a crew to your farm, however please do take a look at our top tips below, which will be sure to score you some extra brownie points as a host:
- Providing a warm, dry crew base option where crew members can base themselves for dress changes, hair & make-up and some much needed down-time
- Toilet facilities located on site that can accessed by crew
- Crew access to a basic kitchen area / kettle to make hot drinks
- Parking for crew vehicles
- Provide us, Farm Locations, with a set of rules for the house that you wish for future visitors to abide to i.e. how you wish for crew to dispose of rubbish, areas of the house that are out of bounds to crew members etc
- Provide us with detailed ‘Direction Instructions’ to help locate the farm i.e navigational pointers, an idea on the postcode accuracy, key landmarks, what3words, best place for crew members to meet you
- Possible catering and accommodation recommendations in the local area