Edwards Estate, OX10
Crowned by an extraordinary manor house with views reaching far across the Oxfordshire countryside and that of the Thames, Edwards Estate is a unique rural discovery.
Awaiting at the end of a long private driveway stands the Edwardian country house, originally built in 1912. This exquisite build has been designed with five facades, each one of its five sides architecturally different to the other, creating a sense of five different houses in one. Also available for interiors, Edward Estate has been decorated and furnished to a very high standard, providing a sense of elegance and grandness with large wooden staircases, ornate ceilings, beautiful drapes and domed entrance halls.
Adjoining the house are the gardens and grounds, divided by brick walls, iron gates and manicured hedgerows. The garden also features its own vegetable patch with Victorian greenhouse.
Surrounded by grass paddocks and wild meadows, with areas of beech and yew woodland, the Estate provides a fantastic range of outdoors backdrops too.
- 10-bedroom Edwardian County House built in 1912 with five facades, available both inside and out
- Walled garden designed by Syvia Crowe, featuring manicured hedges, tunnelling pathways, fountain, lawns and its own market garden with victorian greenhouse
- Rolling landscape covering grass paddocks, wild flower meadows, orchard and woodland (beech and yew)
- Long private driveway
- Two further cottages on location
- A selection of outbuildings including a log store, stables and garage
- Croquet lawn, outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts
- Chicken and dogs
FACILITIES AT THE LOCATION
There is plenty of parking onsite for crew vehicles out the front and back of the main house, along with further hardstanding parking available outside the cottages and field parking in the paddocks.
If available, the cottages (1x 3-bed cottage and 1x 2-bed cottage) on the estate can be used by crew as a base for dress changes, hair & make-up etc and also for overnight accommodation if needed. The staff cottage also features toilets and a large kitchen, which can be used by crew. Alternatively, there is a public house within a short walk of the estate, serving food.
There are plenty of AirBnB’s in the village and public house accommodation within 5 miles of the estate.
GETTING TO EDWARDS ESTATE
Trains run from London to Goring Station (60 minutes). The estate is approximately a 15 minute drive from Goring station.
1 hr from Central London.