Hamilton Farm Estate, LU7
Hamilton Farm Estate is very well placed as a shoot location. Only 30 minutes’ train ride out of London, the location not only evokes grand as a glorious country estate, but also has plenty of rustic backdrops too.
Approached via the gate house, its black iron gates open onto a sweeping driveway and the Estate’s 250 acres of historic parkland surround the renovated 17th century manor house, itself accompanied by a 14th century chapel, large Victorian greenhouse, walled gardens, ancient courtyard and outbuildings.
The location can also present a more natural farm vibe with its wetlands, woodlands, grass fields, sheep flock, horses and chicken, as well as rustic farm barns (some delapidated) and stables.
Crews will work at ease, with access to a convenient, comfortable base and the option of overnight accommodation on site (for 4) too. A large break-out space is available in the chapel and the original laundry building offers yet more space; the latter also has its own kitchen and loo.
- 250 acres of ancient parkland and woodland, including a christmas tree wood
- 17th century manor house, 14th century chapel and other small historic buildings and courtyard
- Large walled gardens, sweeping driveway, large Victorian greenhouse
- Other houses include a 1907 gate house, 1930s keeper’s cottage, brick summer house, and a modern cladded bungalow
- Sheep, chicken, horses, farm barns and stabling
- Half a mile of front drive, and a grassy historic oak tree-lined drive at the back (with hard core underneath so weather-proof)
Facilities at Hamilton Farm Estate
A very quiet location with plenty of parking at the front and back of the house, with overflow on the drives (about 1 mile in length) and in the fields. Facilities at the back of the house for 40+ crews with large rooms in laundry room and chapel, as well as kitchen facility and loos.
Overnight accommodation is available for 4 as a Shoot and Stay option.
Getting to the Location
Just a 5 minute drive from Leighton Buzzard, where trains reach London Euston in about 30 minutes.
Warner Bros studios is 45 minutes drive, and West London Film Studios, Pinewood and Elstree are all within 1 hour’s drive.
Central London is 1hr 20 minutes by car.