Lake House Farm, AL4
Just a short drive to the M25, Lake House Farm, once home to a golf course is now a working cattle farm, with an excellent mix of outdoor settings on offer.
From the woodland depths of old oaks and evergreen pines, to the banks of the lake; from stretches of open, manicured grassland and gardens, to the more meadowy areas with tall grasses and scattering of wild flowers; there’s plenty to be discovered here.
The lake is a main highlight of this shoot location, especially with its modern boathouse perched over the water and offering a stylishly cool setting both inside and out, along with a jetty and boat access too.
- 250 acres of grassland, wild meadows and a mix of woodland including oaks and evergreen pines
- Woodland clearings and tracks (drivable tracks and footpaths through the trees)
- Lake featuring modern boathouse (available for interiors with its own kitchen, toilet and bathroom), jetty and boats
- Long private, tarmac driveway ideal for “road scenes”
- Access to the main house (available for interiors), which was formerly a golf clubhouse and benefits from very large, spacious rooms with high ceilings in places
- Large garden featuring flower borders, lawn area, vegetable patch and a potting shed
- Modern cattle barn in an isolated location
- 2x large storage sheds
- Modern tractors
- Cows, goats, chicken, ducks, dogs and cats
FACILITIES AT THE FARM
There is a large area of hardstanding for the parking of crew vehicles, with plenty of other areas for overflow parking if needed. A crew base can either be set up in the boathouse, which has access to its own kitchen, toilet and bedroom or within the barn, which also has nearby toilet and kitchen facilities.
Local catering companies can be recommended upon request, with alternative food delivery services covering the location and plenty of dine-in/ takeaway options within 2 miles of farm.
For local overnight stay, a pub with accommodation and also a hotel can be found within a 10 minute drive of the farm.
GETTING TO LAKE HOUSE FARM
Trains run from London Kings Cross to Harpenden train station (27 mins journey time). The farm is only a 10 minute drive from Harpenden train station.
Central London is just over an hours drive from the farm.
Elstree Studios is approximately 25 mins away.