Tithe Farm, RG25
Tithe Farm is a rare find, where a traditional farmstead is still standing, unconverted and true to its beginnings. Everything is original here, nothing is out of keeping.
Featuring an unspoilt farmhouse c1550, an 8 bay tithe barn c1700, along with a mix of other farm buildings dotted close by, including granary (on stilts), stables, brick workshops and larger agricultural barns, Tithe Farms transports you to another bygone age.
The heavily timbered 16th century house has been restored by a stylist, with an acute eye for retaining its ancient beauty, and so unwilling to replace flooring, plaster, aga, doors and even the huge weighty door keys. The back of the house extends out into a large courtyard, and is part edged by a long walled garden complete with kitchen garden, potting shed and an old greenhouse. A quaint 1,000 year old church sits just the other side of the wall and is also available for hire.
The location extends to 10 acres and also include a grass field, wooded stretches and a campfire spot with views looking back to the farm
- Large farmhouse dating back to 1550: heavily timbered, sensitively restored and furnished, with endless original features
- Huge 8 bay tithe barn, left to age gracefully since the 1700s, in good repair
- Other farmstead buildings include granary, stables, workshops, tin barns
- Bricked courtyard, walled garden, kitchen garden, potting shed and greenhouse
- Grass field, mature trees, campfire
Facilities at Tithe Farm
Plenty of parking off road, and small crews can use the house as a crew base.
Getting to the Farm
Basingstoke is just 40 minutes by train from Waterloo. The farm is a 10 minute taxi ride from there.
By car, central London is about 1hr 20 minutes away.