Foxfield Farm, BR2
Foxfield Farm is a rare find when located so close to London. In the borough of Bromley, on the very edge of London’s surburbia, the farm’s 120 acres are set in a tranquil spot with stunning far-reaching views of the countryside. Tucked away down a country lane, the valley location offers both hilly and gently undulating landscapes, with a wide mix of grass fields and paddocks, as well as a vast field planted with cereal crops. Over 10 acres of woodland also feature, with a range of copse areas, an orchard and a large pond surrounded by wild flower meadows.
Animal life on location is varied: a livery yard is home to several horses and a charming stable block, whilst a herd of Dexter cattle graze the outlying fields, and rare-breed pigs, chicken and ducks also abide here.
Other bonus features to highlight include a variety of old Landrovers, an apiary for bees, an impressive modern main house, as well as two self-catering options, where up to 10 people can stay overnight.
- Livery yard including outdoor riding school with black rubber chip surface, a stable block and several horses
- Dexter cattle, rare breed pigs, ducks and a mix of rare breed chicken
- 3 old landrovers of different ages, tractor, tele handler, livestock trailers, horse boxes
- Grass fields, paddocks, and 50 acre arable field (wheat in 2020)
- 700 metres of private road and track
- Over 10 acres of ancient woodland, with trackways throughout, bluebell carpet in Spring and swathes of bracken in Summer
- Large pond, a magnet for wildlife, surrounded by wild flower meadows and reed beds, a copse and sculptural plants, including teasels and bull rushes.
- Modern uniquely designed main house clad in corten steel, with large terrace and awe-inspiring views
- Plenty of logs, fallen trees, forestry machiner, including a “Pressvess” charcoal making machine.
- Large concrete farm shed , including hay and straw storage, and other smaller outbuildings and containers.
- Black timber clad cottage, freshly refurbished, sleeping 6
- Glamping pod and separate wash facilities, sleeping 4
Facilities at Foxfield Farm
Crew base facilities are offered in the holiday lets, or in the owners house, with shoot and stay accommodation for up to 10 people.
Plenty of parking on hard standing. Access into the drive can be tricky for large articulated vehicles.
Getting to the Farm
The farm is located within the M25, in the borough of Bromley.
From London, take the train from London Bridge to Hayes (30 minutes). The farm is 5 minutes drive from there.