Nightingale Farm, RG7
Situated just over an hours drive from London in West Berkshire, Nightingale Farm has plenty to offer as a shoot location.
One of the main qualities of this location is the amount of multipurpose space available; some areas have been renovated to make them more usable, however still hold onto all of their traditional charm and character. The old Milking Parlour, authentic Russian Hut, thatched Summer House, Greenhouse, menage and Shepherds Hut are just some of the highlights of Nightingale Farm.
Ponds and riverside locations are also available here at Nightingale Farm. These water-fronted hotspots feature bridges, a small boat house, a pill box, jetty and wooden rowing boats.
This working farm consists of both traditional and more modern agricultural buildings. The farmyard includes unconverted barns and sheds, new barns, storage sheds, grain stores and outbuildings.
Sitting upon rolling hills, Nightingale Farm offers far-reaching views; at the highest point of the farm a beautiful view over Watership Down can be experienced.
- 450 acres consisting of parkland, grass fields, woodland, wild flower meadows (flower May-June), cereals, orchard and gardens
- Far-reaching views including a beautiful view over Watership Down
- Exterior use of Country House and surrounding gardens
- Working farmyard consisting of both traditional and modern agricultural buildings
- Both vintage and modern farm machinery and vehicles available including a vintage landrover, a Morris Minor and Triumph motorbike
- Old Milking Parlour – fully functioning kitchen, dining area, showers and toilets
- Authentic Russian Hut, exported from Russia in the late 19th century – kitchen and toilet
- Moroccan themed Summer House – kitchenette, shower, toilet and veranda
- Shepherds Hut
- Greenhouse used to grow seasonal fruit and vegetables
- Water frontage: ponds and riverside featuring bridges, a small boat house, jetty, pill box and rowing boats
- Leisure facilities including a Swimming Pool and Tennis Courts
- Animals: chicken, sheep and dogs
FACILITIES AT NIGHTINGALE FARM
Straightforward access to the farm with plenty of hardstanding parking. Further parking is available in a field if required.
Various crew based options including kitchen, toilet and shower facilities.
There is B&B accommodation within 3 miles of the farm.
On-site catering options are available. There are outside catering options within 1 mile of the farm.
GETTING TO NIGHTINGALE FARM
Train from London Paddington to Midgham (via Reading). Midgham station is 0.5 mile from the farm. Nightingale Farm is also only 7 miles from Theale Train station and 5 miles from Thatcham station.
Central London is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes by car.