Locations in Hampshire
For Filming and Photoshoots
The farms featured below are all available to hire for filming and photoshoots in the county of Hampshire.
NEW: AUSTEN ESTATE, RG25
Austen Estate, near Basingstoke, is a 4,000 acre Hampshire estate, rich in grandeur and period elegance with its impressive manor house and extensive grounds; all just over an hour’s drive from London.
- 4,000 acre estate comprising: garden grounds, parkland, grass fields, farmland, orchard, ancient woodland and areas of evergreen forest
- Mix of rolling valley hills and flat, expansive landscape
- Country manor house available inside and out
- Formal garden grounds featuring a 3-acre walled garden, manicured lawns, rose garden, cutting garden, sculpture pond with fountain, croquet lawn, kitchen garden and greenhouse
- Working farmyard offering a selection of farm buildings including a traditional Elizabethan barn, grain stores, tractor shed, workshop, garage and stables
- A selection of properties available for external use only and includes access to the adjoining gardens
- Good relations to an active church (available inside and out)
- Boating and paddle-boarding lake featuring a pontoon, central island and boat hire
- Vintage and modern tractors, landrover and classic cars
- Outdoor swimming pool and tennis court
- Excellent network of private roads including ‘country lanes’ or the ‘open road’ (tarmac and concrete) along with hard standing and woodland tracks
- Cows, horses, ducks and chicken
Hampshire certainly has some hidden gems when looking for a ‘step back in time’ traditional farmsteads.
Old farmyards complete with beautifully aged barns and farm buildings make excellent period settings especially with their rustic textures, materials and lack of modernisation.
Discover old farm buildings at Tithe Farm near Basingstoke, including a large Tithe barn, granary, stables, workshop and tin barns.
Fernwood Farm near Winchester, is also home to an old farmyard of original brick farm buildings including the former dairy, pig-sties, holding yard, barns and stables.
SPOTLIGHT: BEE HAVEN FARM, RG26
- Wild flower meadows, herbal leys and woodland
- Queen Anne old rectory house (available both inside and out)
- Further properties available for exterior use including cottages and a bungalow
- Old farmyard featuring a selection of both traditional and more modern agricultural buildings including barns, sheds, animal pens, stores and stables
- Chicken, dogs, llama, sheep, cows, pigs and horses
- Vegetable patch with modern greenhouse
- Restored shepherds hut
- Outdoor swimming pool and tennis court
- Modern and vintage farm vehicles
NEVER FULLY DRESSED - PHOTOSHOOT
Fashion brand ‘Never Fully Dressed’ chose the stunning wild flower meadows at Bee Haven Farm in Hampshire, for a photoshoot to promote their new social media campaign to shoot for its social media Summer campaign.
The photoshoot took place one day sunny day in May 2022.
Bee Haven Farm offers ‘wild and natural’ in spades with its beautiful rolling landscape, carpeted with wild flowers, grasses and herbs.
SPOTLIGHT: BARLEY ESTATE, GU32
- 3,ooo acre estate comprising grass fields, parkland, arable fields, ancient woodland, wild meadows and flower fields
- Georgian manor house available inside and out
- Beautiful established gardens
- Isolated farm cottage
- Modern yard areas and farm buildings
- Old, derelict stone barn in an isolated setting
- Private roads (tarmacked and concrete)
- Tennis courts and outdoor swimming pool
- Cows, chicken and dogs
YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU: FILMING PROJECT
A short film set in 1914, based on the true events of Private Thomas James Highgate, was filmed on location at Tithe Farm, Hampshire.
Filming took place across 2 days in February.
The farm’s large 8-bay Tithe barn, which perches alongside a quiet road and has been left to age gracefully since the 1700s but still remains in good repair, was one of the huge draws to the farm for this production.
The barn is available to hire for filming and photoshoots both inside and out.
BY THE WATER'S EDGE
The county offers beautiful waterside settings for both filming and photoshoots.
Chalk River Farm near Andover, stretches across 1,200 acres of rolling chalk downland spanning fields of crops, grassland, water meadows, woodland and wild flower strips.
There’s an interesting variety of backdrops on offer at the farm but just one of the many highlights has to be the farm’s two miles of clear chalk streams along the River Anton, which is commonly used for dry fly fishing and has a collection of fishing huts nestled on the riverbank, including a delightful thatched hut, all available to hire.
To see more of our UK-wide shoot locations offering film-friendly bodies of water or for some ‘by the water’s edge‘ inspiration, take a look at our locations offering lakes, ponds, streams and rivers for both filming and photoshoots across the country below.